Please follow these instructions following the placement of your child’s dental sealants.
- Once sealants are light cured, your child may resume normal eating and drinking.
- The sealants placed today are guaranteed by this office for 2 years if your child attends his/ her check-up and cleaning appointments every 6 months.
- Your child should avoid hard candies and chewing ice to prevent fractures of his/ her sealants.
- Your child should avoid sticky candies that could pull out his/ her sealants.
- Sealants do not prevent all decay. Flossing is still needed to protect the sides of your child’s teeth.
Want to learn more? See Dental Sealants.