Please follow these instructions after receiving a deep cleaning (also called scaling and root planning). Please do not hesitate to call our office should you have any questions about your treatment.
- Please wait until your anesthetic has worn off before eating.
- If you are experiencing pain you may take up to 800 mg (4 tablets) of Advil (ibuprofen). You may take this dosage every 8 hrs as needed with food or milk.
- Use prescribed medications, such as chlorhexidine gluconate or Periomed, as recommended. Should you desire additional rinsing, mix ½ cup of water with 1 tablespoon of salt before using medications.
- Do not floss the area treated tonight. Please start your required flossing routine the following evening.
- Brush the treated area lightly as it may be tender or bleed for a day or two after treatment.
- You may notice some blood on your pillow tomorrow morning. If this persists for several nights please notify us.
Want to learn more? See Deep Cleaning.