Please follow these instructions following your fluoride varnish treatment.
- Fluoride varnish will remain on your teeth for approximately 4-6 hours. Please follow the guidelines below during that time only:
- Do not brush or floss.
- Avoid hot beverages.
- Avoid hard or crunchy foods.
- Avoid products containing alcohol.
- Avoid other “over the counter” fluoride items such as toothpastes, gels, and rinses.
- Please resume the activities above following the expiration of the 6 hour window.
- DO NOT use your prescription fluoride medications such as Gel-Kam or Periomed for three days AFTER treatment.
- A thorough brushing and flossing of your teeth (after the six hours window) will remove any remaining traces of your fluoride varnish.
Want to learn more? See Fluoride Varnish.