Please follow these instructions following your extended contact fluoride varnish treatment.
- Your extended contact fluoride varnish will remain active for approximately 4-6 months.
- Please follow the guidelines for the first 4-6 hours after your extended use varnish is applied:
- Do not brush or floss.
- Avoid hot beverages.
- Avoid hard or crunchy foods.
- Avoid products containing alcohol.
- Avoid other “over the counter” fluoride items such as toothpastes, gels, and rinses.
- Please resume the activities above following the expiration of the 6 hour window.
- DO NOT use your prescription fluoride medications such as: Gel-Kam, Periomed, Cavirinse, Just For Kids Gel Fluoride, .063% stannous fluoride rinse, or Orthorinse for 3 days AFTER treatment.
Want to learn more? See Extended Contact Fluoride Varnish.