Congratulations! You have chosen to make an investment in your smile. Follow these recommendations so that you may enjoy your new smile for years to come.
- Brush your gums and implants twice a day with a soft brush and gel toothpaste. A mechanical or ultrasonic brush, such as Sonicare, will help you to adequately remove plaque and bacteria. In addition, most electric brushes have a timer that assists you in brushing for a full 2 minutes.
- Superfloss must be used to remove any irritants from the implants.
- Waterpicks and Sonicare AirFloss are helpful to flush a “hard to reach” areas under your implants.
- Floss under your screw-retained denture at least once a day.
- Make sure that you insert your Superfloss under and in-between each implant area.
- Wrap the floss around each implant and move it up and down to loosen and remove food and bacteria.
- Use a new section of floss for each implant.
- You may use Listerine as a daily mouth rinse.
- Avoid any rinse or dental dentifrice with hydrogen peroxide as it will react with the titanium and discolor your restorations.
- Prescription strength fluoride can prevent gum inflammation caused by bacteria.
- You should have a dental cleaning every 6 months.
- At least once per year you will have an exam with Dr. Morgan. Please call our office at any time if you are experiencing any tooth or jaw problem or wish to see Dr. Morgan.
Want to learn more? See Dentures.