Congratulations! You have chosen to make an investment in your smile. Follow these recommendations so that you may enjoy your new smile for years to come.
- Brush your gums and implants twice a day with a soft brush and gel toothpaste.
- Superfloss must be used to remove any irritants from the implants and the attachments.
- Waterpicks and Sonicare AirFloss are helpful to flush a “hard to reach” areas under your implants.
- You may use Listerine as a daily mouth rinse.
- Avoid any rinse or dental dentifrice with hydrogen peroxide as it will react with the titanium and discolor your restorations.
- Prescription strength fluoride can prevent gum inflammation caused by bacteria.
Maintenance of Your Denture
- Remove your dentures each night to prevent fungal infections and allow your gums to rest.
- Use a denture cleaner and soft bristle brush to keep your dentures clean and stain free.
- You should have a dental cleaning every 6 months.
- At least once per year you will have an exam with Dr. Morgan. Please call our office at any time if you are experiencing any tooth or jaw problem or wish to see Dr. Morgan. We are here to help.
- The consumable parts on your locator attachments will be checked at your exam with Dr. Morgan and replaced as needed. Please contact us if your locators need maintenance prior to your yearly visit. Once your initial supply of consumables are used, there will be a charge to order and replace these parts.
Want to learn more? See Dentures.