Please follow these instructions to properly care for your flipper.
- Clean daily with a “medium soft” tooth brush and a non-abrasive tooth paste. Do not soak in mouthwash or other chemicals.
- Keep your flipper out of reach from pets and children, especially dogs.
- Call this office should you require an adjustment to your flipper.
- Only wearing your flipper daily will ensure that it properly holds the space needed for future restorations.
- Remove your flipper nightly to prevent gum inflammation and infection.
- When not in public, remove your retainer while eating to prevent potential damage and stain.
- Remember that your flipper is a temporary space holder, usually no more than a year, but proper care will help it last until your final restoration is placed.
- Failure to properly care for your flipper may result in damage and therefore additional charges for repair.
Want to learn more? See Flippers.