Please follow these instructions for care and use of your new Astron CLEARsplint Night Guard.
- Clean daily with soap and water. Do not soak in mouthwash or other chemicals.
- Do not place your night guard in direct sunlight.
- Rinse your night guard before and after use and store dry.
- Keep your night guard out of reach from pets and children, especially dogs.
- Never wear your Astron CLEARsplint appliance while eating. Doing so may be painful and possibly traumatic to the opposing teeth.
- Avoid sleeping on your stomach. Sleeping on your stomach forces your head to be turned to the side, which may cause significant muscular strain.
- Discontinue all gum chewing if you have existing jaw pain.
- Astron CLEARsplint use should be discontinued and you should contact Dr. Morgan for an appointment to adjust or check your appliance:
- If your night guard is uncomfortable, too tight or binding, too loose (can be removed with your tongue), or damaged.
- If your night guard causes increased pain with continued use, this may indicate an underlying TMJ problem.
- Only wearing your night guard nightly will ensure that it protects your teeth from damage.
Want to learn more? See Night Guards.